Facebook’s Lead Generation Ads are making it easier than ever to capture your prospect’s details.
See our step-by-step instructions for setting up a Lead Generation campaign that will allow your prospects to easily opt in to your offer… without leaving Facebook!
With a lead generation ad, it’s possible for businesses to nab leads with minimal steps… and potentially at much lower costs.
How does it work?
When someone is served your ad, they will see a Call-To-Action button (e.g. ‘Sign Me Up’ or ‘Subscribe’).
When clicked, a form appears within Facebook that asks for your lead’s information.
Certain fields will auto-fill based on the person’s Facebook information and once they submit your form, you’ve captured their information–all with 2 clicks and entirely within Facebook.
This means a lot less resistance for your prospect because…
- They aren’t redirected away from Facebook. Ever clicked on an ad then closed the window because it takes too long to load? Well you’re not alone. A lot of us are guilty of this goldfish-like attention span. According to Digital Marketer, an incredible 57% of visitors will abandon a page that takes more than 3 seconds to load!
- Completing the form should be fast and simple where the details can be autofilled.
Once the form is submitted, you can redirect them to a page on your site — another win!
How Do I Create A Lead Generation Ad?
The process is simple if you’ve ever created a Facebook ad…
1. Go to Create an Ad within Facebook as usual and select ‘Collect leads for your business’ as your Objective.
2. Set your usual Ad Set parameters: audience, budget and schedule
3. Create your ad(s) as normal with image, headline, text and urls, then you’ll be asked to create the Lead Form.If you’ve already created a Lead Form, it will be saved for you to select next time.
4. After you give your form a name, you select the information you’d like to collect. Email and Full Name are defaults, however you can change them and choose to add up to 3 more questions. Facebook supplies some suggested fields, or you can choose to add a custom question.
6. Make sure you enter a page of your site to send prospects to after a person has completed the form and ensure it’s highly relevant! It could be an excellent opportunity to warm your lead.
Consider whether you could…
- Give them additional value for free at this stage.
- Ask for more information from them in the form of a second form.
- Better familiarise your prospect with your product or brand through high-value content.
- Upsell or downsell.
7. Finally, you can add a Context Card to the start of your form to provide more information about your offer to your lead.
Think of it as a double opt in though, because the person has to hit the CTA button twice in succession before they get to the form (once on your ad and a second time on the context card).
Once you’ve completed your form, you’re ready to launch your ad!
The potential downside of lead generation ads is that you receive leads in the form of a CSV file that is accessible within Facebook. Collecting these leads is a manual process 🙁
BUT there is good news! …
Read Part 2 to find out how you can integrate your Facebook Lead Gen Ads with your CRM in order to automate your lead gen campaign.